Highlights of this day in history: Tenth anniversary of the Virginia Tech shooting: Gunman kills 32 students and faculty; Country's deadliest industrial accident in Texas; Vladimir Lenin returns to Russia after years of exile; Charlie Chaplin born; Prince Andrew and Duchess of York announce divorce; Rolling Stone release debut album; Michael Jordan plays last NBA game. (April 16)
- 1952 Bill Belichick, American football coach (5 Super Bowl wins with New England Patriots), born in Nashville, Tenn.
- 1954 Ellen Barkin, actress (Big Easy, Sea of Love), born in The Bronx, NY.
- 1963 Jimmy Osmond, Ogden Utah, singer (Donnie & Marie sibling).
- 1965 Jon Cryer, actor (Pretty in Pink, Superman IV, Two and a Half Men).
- 1971 Selena [Quintanilla-Pérez], Mexican-American singer-songwriter known as the Queen of Tejano music (Grammy-1994), born in Lake Jackson, Texas (d. 1995).
- 1980 Paul London, retired pro wrestler, WCW, WWF.