Highlights of this day in history: President Ronald Reagan is wounded in an assassination attempt; The U.S. reaches a deal with Russia to buy Alaska Territory; Actor James Cagney dies; Musician Eric Clapton born. (March 30)
March 30 is the 89th day of the year (90th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 276 days remaining until the end of the year. This date is slightly more likely to fall on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday (58 in 400 years each) than on Saturday or Sunday (57), and slightly less likely to occur on a Tuesday or Thursday (56).
- 1945 – Eric Clapton, English guitarist and singer-songwriter
- 1955 – Randy VanWarmer, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2004)
- 1957 – Paul Reiser, American actor and comedian
- 1962 – MC Hammer, American rapper and actor
- 1964 – Tracy Chapman, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 1965 – Piers Morgan, English journalist and talk show host
- 1968 – Celine Dion, Canadian singer-songwriter
- 1971 – Mark Consuelos, American actor and television personality
- 1979 – Norah Jones, American singer-songwriter and pianist.