NSBNEWS.net and VolusiaNews.net provide 24/7 online-media coverage for a 21st-century world
Video by Multimedia Editor Sera Frederick. NSBNEWS.net endorses Dorothy Hukill, Republican, for relection to House District 28.
Dorothy Hukill is pretty much a shoo-in for re-election to a fourth term in the District 28 Statehouse seat in the Nov. 2 general election. After all, the Democrats didn't even field a candidate. The lone opposition comes from a write-in candidate.
Even if she had a viable opponent, we would have likely endorsed Hukill. Peter Mallory and I were in full agreement on Hukill.
Here's what Mallory wrote: I endorse Dorothy Hukill because she supports the same Ideas I have on how the state and country should be run. Dorothy has a long history in city and state government of doing the right things. As mayor of port Orange, she:
- 1. Worked to keep taxes down;
- 2. Worked to keep the number of city employees at a manageable level;
- 3. Managed to get many businesses to move to Port Orange. As a state representative, she worked to do all of the things that should be done.
These include :
- 1. Keeping Florida taxes and spending down;
- 2. Minimizing the number of state programs and personnel. As we stated in previously endorsing Hukill in the primary, her mantra is clear: Strong conservative Republican values; cutting taxes by reducing government.
It's really that simple, especially in these economic times. Hukill's continued representation will serve the needs of her constituents across party lines. NSBNEWS.net enthusiastically endorses State Rep. Dorothy Hukill, R-dist. 28, for reelection in Tuesday's general elections.
The videos in the endorsements are direct appeals from the candidates to you from the 2010 NSB Hob Nob held Oct. 25, at the Brannon Center. As we go through each race, we will post the video of the candidate we feel best represents the needs of the public. NSBNEWS.net is the only Volusia County-based media outlet to hand out endorsements for the general elections. The Orange County-based Orlando Sentinel has done so as well. Our endorsements resulted from collaboration and debate between NSB News LLC.'s publishers, Henry Frederick, a registered Democrat, and Peter Mallory, a registered Republican, for posting on NSBNEWS.net and our new countywide website VolusiaNews.net.