Photo for Headline Surfer® / On-air personality Tracy Dillion brings sunshine to WROD, Daytona's oldest radio station, which celebrated 66 years of onthe-air play in November.
DAYTONA BEACH -- The Friday morniong afet Thanksgiving WROD morning cruise host Tracy Dillon broadcasted live at Bellair Lanes, 2575 N. Atlantic Avenue, to strike out hunger.
Listeners were asked to bring a canned good or non-perishable item to be donated to Second Harvest Food Bank.
Dillon also was celebrating the 66th anniversary of WROD-FM 104.7 dubbed "Hot Rod Radio," throughout the month of November.
It is the oldest surviving Daytona Beach radio station, first launched in 1947, and featuring classics like "The Bob Hope Show" and "The Firestone Hour."
Dillon also was celebrating the 66th anniversary of WROD-FM 104.7 dubbed "Hot Rod Radio," throughout the month of November. It is the oldest surviving Daytona Beach radio station, first launched in 1947, and featuring classics like "The Bob Hope Show" and "The Firestone Hour."
The Dillon food drive spotlight comes in at No. 86 on the Headline Surfer® countdown of the Top 100 Stories of 201`3.
WROD, simulcast at 1340-AM and streaming online at www.WRODRadio.com, remains the only radio station accessible to Daytona Beach listeners to hear the best music mix from the '50s, '60s and '70s.
WROD is the official radio station of the Halifax Harbor Marina, and The Casements Centennial Celebration. It is is located at 100 Marina Point Drive, Daytona Beach. The phone number is 386-253-0000.
Counting 'em down: Headline Surfer® Ranking of the Top 100 Stories of 2013
86. WROD-Radio's Tracy Dillon shines morning spotlight on food drive
Posted Fri, 2014-01-03 03:31
87. Harvick wins Sprint Unlimited under lights at Daytona
Posted Fri, 2014-01-03 02:44
88. Sheriff: Nearly 5 dozen guns turned in during one-day amnesty at DeLand fairgrounds
Posted Fri, 2014-01-03 01:13
89. Daytona State College foreign-languages chair honored
Posted Fri, 2014-01-03 00:11
90. Daytona Beach cops: Pedestrian struck & killed by motorist trying to cross ISB two days before Thanksgiving
Posted Thu, 2014-01-02 00:17
91. Orange City man sentenced to prison for shooting own brother
Posted Wed, 2014-01-01 21:22
92. Seminole County Sheriff's helicopter looks for nighttime prowler in Lake Mary
Posted Wed, 2014-01-01 20:40
93. Ponce Inlet turns to 'CodeRed' for mass alerts
Posted Wed, 2014-01-01 20:21
94. DeLand man, 60, sentenced to life in prison for sexually battering 11-year-old boy
Posted Wed, 2014-01-01 16:28
95. Volusia County GOP leader Tony Ledbetter named to key Florida Republican post
Posted Wed, 2014-01-01 15:40
96. New Smyrna cop shop has first father-son on force
Posted Wed, 2014-01-01 15:31
97. Baltimore Ravens LB Ray Lewis waves green flag to start 2013 Daytona 500
Posted Sun, 2013-12-29 20:24
98. Governor pays respects to 82-year-old Congressman in Orlando
Posted Sun, 2013-12-29 19:24
99. New Smyrna Beach cops: Kind donation made for daughter of hit and run victim
Posted Sun, 2013-12-29 13:32
100. VCSO: $9,000 worth of cigarettes stolen from DeBary convenience store in September
Posted Sun, 2013-12-29 11:59
We're counting 'em down in the year that was -- the Top 100 stories in greater Daytona Beach-Orlando metro area
Posted Sat, 2013-12-28 17:38