Forecast for greater Daytona Beach calls for possible rain on Tuesday

Photo by Kem McNair for Headline Surfer / Surfer Jeff Clark of New Smyrna Beach is shown making a cutback on his surfboard in the chilly waters of the Atlantic Ocean near the South Jetty in Ponce Inlet. 
 
By HENRY FREDERICK
Headline Surfer

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla -- Temperatures will remain seasonably warm over the next several days, but showers are more than likely on Tuesday in greater Daytona Beach, according to the National Warther Service in Orlando.

There's a 50 percent chance of showers today with a high near 70, along with an east northeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch are possible.

There's a 30 percent chance of showers tonight, mainly before 10 pm. Skies will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 62, and an East wind of 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.

Monday will feature partly sunny skies with a high near 78, along with a light south southeast wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Monday Night will bring a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 1 a.m. with a low around 65 and southeast winds around 5 mph.

Tuesday calls for a 60 percent chance of showers, then possibly a thunderstorm in the afternoon with a high near 81. Winds come from the south at 5 to 10 mph, and gusting to as much as 20 mph in the afternoon. The chance for rain on Tuesday night drops to 40 percent, mainly before 1 a.m. with temperatures around 58, along with west winds at 5 to 10 mph.

Tuesday calls for a 60 percent chance of showers, then possibly a thunderstorm in the afternoon with a high near 81. Winds come from the south at 5 to 10 mph, and gusting to as much as 20 mph in the afternoon. The chance for rain on Tuesday night drops to 40 percent, mainly before 1 a.m. with temperatures around 58, along with west winds at 5 to 10 mph.

Wednesday features partly sunny skies with a high near 64 and a north wind around 10 mph.

Henry Frederick Picture

Short Bio

Henry Frederick is publisher of Headline Surfer®, the award-winning 24/7 internet news outlet covering the Daytona Beach-Sanford-Orlando metro area via HeadlineSurfer.com for a decade now. A longtime cops & courts reporter focused on breaking news & investigative reporting, Frederick is among the Sunshine State's most prolific daily news reporters, having amassed dozens of journalism-industry awards in print anddigital platforms. Frederick is enrolled at Full Sail University in Winter Garden, FL, where he's three-fourths through the online Master of Arts program in New Media Journalism. His graduation is in August.