BREAKING NEWS: Rear-end type crash involving semi with multiple trauma alerts shuts down stretch of SR 44 in New Smyrna Beach
NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla -- State Road 44 near Kirkland Drive was shut down to traffic in both directions for more than two hours due to an apparent SUV crashing into the back of a semi resulting in four trauma patients being airlifted to Halifax Hospital as trauma alerts, officials with the New Smyrna Beach Fire Department said.
Edgewater citizens who packed council meeting not told David Arcieri, city's director of public safety, was placed on paid admin. leave earlier that day
DELAND, Fla. -- While the controversy of ballot recounts in Broward and Palm Beach counties continued to dominate the major cable news networks CNN, MSNBC and Fox News on Saturday, closer to home here in Volusia County a new voting controversy started to emerge as the evening wore on.
Santiago Avila Jr., accepted the fact that he lost his campaign for mayor of Deltona to a more experienced opponent in term-limited City Commissioner Heidi Herzberg in Tuesday's general election, but it was what he was told and shown from a situation at a Deltona voting precinct that occurred on Election Day that has infuriated him to no end.
1. Ashley Moody, R, Attorney General winner, 130,385
2. Rick Scott, R, US Senate winner, 125,592
3. Jimmy Patronis, R, CFO winner, 125,852
4. Ron DeSantis, R, Governor winner 124,692
5. Matt Caldwell, R, Comm. of Agriculture winner, 122,589
6. Michael Waltz, R, CD6 winner, 122,467
7. Nancy Soderberg, D, CD6 loser, 103,626
8. Bill Nelson, D, US Senate loser, 102,624
9. Nicole "Nikki" Fried, D, Comm. of Agriculture loser, 100,702